Re: [GENERAL] Back end timeout? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Herouth Maoz
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Back end timeout?
Date
List pgsql-general
At 11:38 +0200 on 21/12/98, Lincoln Spiteri wrote:

> Do you think that the large interval between the first insert and the
> second insert is causing the transaction to timeout with the loss of the
> connection. If yes what can I do to avoid the time out.

Couldn't you locate the data first, and then open the connection, and
perform your transaction with the collected data?

Alternatively, I'd send some dummy queries to the database from time to
time. (i.e. SELECT '';).

Herouth

--
Herouth Maoz, Internet developer.